Ethyca uses the following endpoints in WooCommerce to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoints||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
Because WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject’s DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of WooCommerce, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To locate your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret and connect your instance of WooCommerce to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress account at wordpress.com/log-in.
- Hover over "WooCommerce" in the left navigation. This will bring up a WooCommerce sub-menu. Select "Settings" from this menu.
- Select "Advanced" from the Settings menu.
- Click "REST API".
- Click the "Add key" button.
- Give your key a descriptive name, such as "Ethyca Privacy Management". Under Permissions, select "Read/Write" from the dropdown. Click the "Generate API key" button.
- The following screen will show your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Copy these values into Ethyca.
Updated almost 2 years ago