Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Twilio to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
Because Twilio is a communication platforms that enables users to build Voice, SMS, and Video apps via an API, it stores PII about your customers and the customers they are referring. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject's DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Twilio, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of Twilio to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
1. Log in a Twilio.com/login.
2. After signing in, you will land on your dashboard. This is where you will find your Account SID. Copy and paste your Account SID into Ethyca.
3. Click "Settings."
4. The settings menu will open and reveal additional menu items. Click "API keys."
5. Press the plus sign on the API Keys page to create your new API key.
6. Enter a descriptive name such as "Ethyca Privacy Management," and select the standard API key type.
7. Copy the API key into "API Key" field in Ethyca. Your API Key will only be shown once.
Finished adding your Connection Details? Move on to the next two tabs to configure your DSR Customization settings and complete your Data Mapping.
The Finishing Touches
If you are using Ethyca's Atlas, please identify what column mapped to Atlas contains either the
Please note, at this time, Twilio's TEST Credentials are not supported by Ethyca. These access a subset of Twilio's APIs and do not provide PII back to the subject. As a result, the "TEST" connection feature in Ethyca will not work.
Updated about 1 year ago