Ethyca uses the following endpoints in SurveyMonkey to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
Because SurveyMonkey is an online survey tool, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject’s DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of SurveyMonkey, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To create the Access Token to connect your instance of SurveyMonkey to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Go to developer.surveymonkey.com and click the "Sign In" button in the upper right corner.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Click "My Apps" in the top navigation.
- Click "Add a New App".
- Give your app a descriptive name, such as Ethyca Privacy Management. Select the option for "Private App" and press "Create App".
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down the page to the "Credentials" section. This is where you will find your Access Token. Copy and paste the Access Token into Ethyca.
- Scroll down to the "Scopes" section of the page. Set all of the scopes to optional. You can change the setting for each scope by clicking on it twice. When you've finished, click "Update Scopes" at the bottom to save.
- Ensure all your surveys allow users to access responses and results. Each survey has its own share permissions, and must be enabled individually. Surveys with share permissions set to "No Access" may see 403 errors when attempting to process subject requests.
If you are using Ethyca’s Atlas, please identify what column mapped to Atlas contains either the
When you have finished adding your Connection Settings, move on to the next two tabs to configure your DSR Customization settings and complete your Data Mapping.
Updated 5 months ago