Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Shopify to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
Because Shopify is an e-commerce platform, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject’s DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Shopify, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of Shopify to Ethyca you will need to create a custom app in Shopify, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Shopify account and navigate to yourdomain.myshopify.com/admin, replacing yourdomain with your Shopify domain.
- Click on "Settings" in the bottom left
- Click on "Apps and sales channels"
- Click on the grey "Develop apps" button
- Click the green "Create an app" button
- Name your App and Click "Create app"
- Click on "Configure Admin API scopes"
- Enable the following scopes, these are required to read and mask Shopify data
- Once the scopes have been selected click "Save"
- After clicking save, you will be able to install the custom app to your shop. Click "Install app."
After installing the app, you will be presented with your Admin API access token. This is what you will use to configure the Shopify datastore in the Ethyca Control Panel. This token will only be presented once so be sure to store it in a secure location.
- Click "Reveal token once" and copy the token.
- Paste your token into Ethyca.
Updated 6 months ago