Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Shopify to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
Because Shopify is an e-commerce platform, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject’s DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Shopify, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of Shopify to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Create your Shopify datastore connection.
- Enter your shop name in the "Connection Settings" section. When you are logged in to Shopify, you can find your shop name in the URL bar. For example, if the URL is
cloud-storefront.myshopify.com, your shop name is
- Save your new Shopify connection. You will be directed back to the “Manage Integrations” page.
- Open the Shopify integration you just created.
- Press “Authorize Application (OAuth)” under the “Connection Settings” header.
- If you are not already logged in to Shopify, you will be directed to a Shopify Login page. Enter your credentials here and press the “Log In” button. If you are already logged in to Shopify, no further action is needed.
- You will be redirected back to the “Manage Integrations" page. You have finished setting up your Shopify integration!
Updated 3 months ago