Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Sendgrid to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
|Contact Search List||Yes||No|
Because Sendgrid is a customer communication platform, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject's DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Sendgrid, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To create your API key to connect for your instance of Sendgrid to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to app.sendgrid.com, and press "Log In" to log in with your administrator credentials.
- Select "API Keys" from the Settings menu from the bottom left navigation bar.
- Click "Create API Key" in the top right corner of the page.
- Give your API Key a descriptive name, such as "Ethyca Privacy Management", with Full Access permissions.
5. After pressing "Create & View", your API key will appear only once, copy and paste it below.
We totally understand if you would prefer to permission Ethyca with a restricted key for Sendgrid. Feel free to use the following permissions...
Updated about 1 year ago