Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Segment to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
|Profile External ID||Yes||No|
Because Segment is manages customer data, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject's DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Segment, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect for your instance of Segment to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
1. Log into your Segment account and go to the "Settings" area of the application.
2. Your Slug can be found in the body of the General Settings page. Copy and paste this into the Workspace field of the Ethyca Control Panel.
B. Access Token
1. Select "Access Management" from the left menu then toggle to "Tokens".
2. Click "Create Token" button
- Give your token a descriptive name, such as "Ethyca Privacy Management" and select the "Workspace Owner" option under "Assign Access"
- Select "Create" and copy and paste the Token into the Access Token field in the Ethyca Control Panel.
C. Write Key
1. Click "Catalog" from the left navigation menu
2. Type "http" in the search.
3. Select "HTTP API" in the search results
4. Click "Add Source".
5. Give the Source a descriptive name, such as "Ethyca Privacy Management", and press "Add Source".
6. Your Write Key appears in the body of the page.
Only complete steps D and E if you have purchased Segment's Personas product. If you do not have the Personas product, you do not need to enter Namespace ID or Access Secret.
D. Namespace ID
1. Navigate to app.segment.com, and press "Log In" to log in with your administrator credentials.
2. Once authenticated, navigate to "Personas" in the left navigation menu and select "Settings".
3. Click "API Access" in the left navigation menu.
4. Your Namespace ID can be found in the body of the API Access page and begins with spa_'.
E. Access Secret
1. Press the blue "Generate" button on the API Access page, located above your Namespace ID on the API Access page.
2. Your Segment Access Secret can be found in the table on the API Access page.
The Finishing Touches
If you are using Ethyca's Atlas, please identify what column mapped to Atlas contains the
userId of your subject. Once identified, enter the value into the “Atlas Location of User Id” field of the connection settings.
Updated about 1 year ago