Ethyca uses the following endpoints in ReCharge to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
Because ReCharge is a subscription management platform, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject’s DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of ReCharge, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of Recharge to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Log in to ReCharge at apps.shopify.com/subscription-payments.
- In order to log in to ReCharge, you will also need to be logged in to Shopify. Enter the address of your Shopify store.
- Select "Integrations" from the top navigation.
- Select "API tokens" on right side of the screen.
- Click the "Create an API token" button.
- Give your API Token a memorable name, such as Ethyca Privacy Management.
Scroll down and select the following permissions:
Orders (Read and Write Access)
Subscriptions (Read and Write Access)
Payments (Read and Write Access)
Customers (Read and Write Access)
- Confirm write access. This is necessary to allow Ethyca to process "delete my data" requests.
- ReCharge will display your API Token under the header "API Key". Copy and paste your API Token into Ethyca.
Updated almost 2 years ago