Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Okta to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
Because Okta is an identity management platform, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject’s DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Okta, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of Okta to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Okta at login.okta.com. Enter the domain for your organization’s Okta instance. This is what you will enter as the domain value in Ethyca.
- Enter your login credentials.
- From the Dashboard, press “Admin” in the top right corner.
- Select “API” from the top navigation bar in the developer console. Select "Tokens" from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Create Token” from the API page.
- Enter a descriptive name for your API token, such as “Ethyca Privacy Management”, and press “Create Token”.
- This is the only time you will see this token, copy and paste this value into the “API Token” field in Ethyca.
When you have finished adding your Connection Details, move on to the next two tabs to configure your DSR Customization settings and complete your Data Mapping.
Updated almost 2 years ago