Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Mailchimp to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
Because Mailchimp is an email marketing tool, it stores PII about your customers and the customers they are referring. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject’s DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Mailchimp, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To create connect your instance of Mailchimp to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Log in at https://login.mailchimp.com/
- To find your domain, look at the browser's URL bar when you are logged into your account. Your domain includes the first section of the dashboard URL (the section before .admin, as shown in the image below). In Ethyca, the full domain you will enter is this section of the URL followed by
.api.mailchimp.com. For the example below, the domain would be
us19.api.mailchimp.com. Enter your domain into Ethyca.
- Click on your account name in the upper right hand corner. Select “Account” from the dropdown menu.
- On your account page, click the “Extras” menu. Select “API Keys” from the dropdown.
- Click the “Create A Key” button.
- Your API Key will appear in the table. Copy and paste the key into Ethyca.
Updated almost 2 years ago