Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Jira to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
Because Jira acts as both a project tracking and help desk platform, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject's DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Jira, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
Ethyca provides services for both Jira Service Desk and Jira Software, and they must be configured separately as there are separate sets of services associated with each Jira product.
To create your API key to connect for your instance of Jira Service Desk or Jira Software to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to id.atlassian.com, and log in with your credentials.
- We need the user name you used to authorize Ethyca to manage data, it may be your email.
- After you've authenticated, you will be taken to the Atlassian dashboard or your organization's homepage.
- Your instance domain is the hosted domain Atlassian provides (for example, yourcompany.atlassian.net) or your own hosted domain (for example, yourcompany.com/servicedesk)
- Once you've identified your domain, navigate to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens, and press "Create API Token".
- Give your app a descriptive name such as "Ethyca Privacy Management" and press "Create".
- Your API token can be found here, it will not be shown again so copy and paste it below.
Updated about 1 year ago