Ethyca uses the following endpoint in Blueconic to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
Because Blueconic is a customer data platform, it stores PII about your customers and the customers they are referring. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject's DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Blueconic, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of BlueConic to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Your domain is the address you use to log in to BlueConic. This will be something like "yourcompany.blueconic.net." Enter this value into Ethyca.
- Proceed to log in to BlueConic.
- Select "connections" in the top navigation.
- Click the "add connection" button in the upper right corner.
- This will open a window showing several connection options. Type "BlueConic API" into the search bar. Click the result called "BlueConic API Access."
- Give your connection a descriptive name, such as "Ethyca Privacy Management."
- Under the heading "BlueConic API Access," there is a field to name your Consumer Key. Give the Consumer Key a descriptive name like "EthycaPrivacy." The Consumer Key can contain letters, numbers, hyphens (-), and underscores (_).
After naming your Consumer Key, click "generate secret."
- Copy and paste your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret into Ethyca.
- Click "save" in the upper right corner.
Updated almost 2 years ago