Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Basecamp to retrieve Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
|Endpoint||User Can Download||User Can Delete|
|To-do list groups||Yes||No|
Because Basecamp is a project management and internal communication tool, it stores PII about your customers. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject's DSR package.
If this aligns with your use of Basecamp, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of Basecamp to Ethyca, follow the steps below:
- Create your Basecamp datastore connection. No connection settings are required.
- Save your new Basecamp connection. You will be directed back to the "Manage Integrations" page.
- Open the Basecamp integration you just created.
- Press "Authorize Application (OAuth)" under the "Connection Settings" header.
- If you are not already logged in to Basecamp, you will be directed to a Basecamp login page. Enter your credentials here and press the "Log In" button. If you are already logged in to Basecamp, it will ask for your permission to access your Basecamp accounts. Click "Yes, I'll allow access" to proceed.
- Once login is complete, you will be redirected back to the Ethyca "Manage Integrations" page. You have finished setting up your Basecamp integration!
Here's a video showing the above steps:
Updated 12 months ago