Ethyca uses the following endpoints in Algolia to retrieve and delete Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a user submits a data subject request. See below for a summary of what Ethyca does with each endpoint:
User Can Download
User Can Delete
Because Algolia is a search and recommendation API, it stores PII about your current employees and past applicants. Keep this in mind when you are setting the DSR Customization as it will impact what is returned in your subject's DSR package.
Algolia has logging. All logs are deleted after 90 days. When you delete an account, you can expect all query logs to disappear after that delay.
If this aligns with your use of Algolia, please proceed to the next section to begin setting up your integration in the Control Panel.
For any questions, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To connect your instance of Algolia to Ethyca, you will need to enter your Application ID, API Key, Attributes Names List. To find these items, follow the steps below:
- Log in to Algolia at algolia.com/users/sign_in
- Click "API Keys" in the left navigation.
- Copy and paste your Application ID into Ethyca.
- Select the "All API Keys" tab. Click the "New API Key" button.
- Give your new API Key a descriptive name, such as Ethyca Privacy Management.
- In the ACL section, select the following:
Click the "Update" button to create your API Key.
- Your new API Key will appear in the table. Copy and paste your API Key into Ethyca.
- Because Algolia is completely customizable with what data you are sending into it, you will have to specify the names of the Attributes you have configured inside of your Algolia environment. Please follow Algolia's instructions on how to configure the Attributes. To access the list of available Attributes, go to the Search area of Algolia, select Index from the Configuration menu, select Configuration, and the "Searchable Attributes" from the "RELEVANCE ESSENTIALS" section.
When you have finished adding your Connection Details, move on to the next two tabs to configure your DSR Customization settings and complete your Data Mapping.
Updated 9 months ago